Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and I'd like to remind everyone that the party continues for 12 more days! (Start singing the 12 days of Christmas!)

This was my first Christmas away from home, but it was still nice to spend it with various people in Germany. Between the two Christmas Eve services, I was invited to a seminarian's apartment with some others, and the food and wine were very delicious. I then skyped with my family a bit before going to bed; they opened the gifts that I had sent from Germany. Also, earlier in the day I got the book Broken by Jonathan Fisk in the mail (which I highly recommend to you), so I had to read at least a chapter that same evening. It's very well written and is in the same style as his video podcasts, Worldview Everlasting. I encourage you to check it out.

On Christmas Day, I played trumpet in the Brass Choir and went to two Christmas dinners, both of which were fantastic. The first one was at Prof. Barnbrock's house; we had typical German food and wine. The salmon was very delicious; it was wrapped in a pastry of some sort. That evening I went to Brent Smith's house with other Americans from the area, so I also got to eat some American food, which included ham and pumpkin pie. Afterwards it was nice to lounge around and digest the food. I talked with the adults some and played games with the Smith kids- Zachary, Katelyn, and Sophia. So it's been a good day spent with some very gracious people. Tomorrow is another service celebrating the Martyrdom of St. Stephan, then another on the 29th for the Holy Innocents.

Tomorrow I'm eating lunch with Pastor Wenz and his family, then heading with them to the "St. Paul" Oratorio by Mendelssohn in Bad Homburg. I'm really looking forward to it.

As promised, here's a photo from my visit to Berlin a few weeks ago for the baptism of Noemi Müller. Yes, my hair's longer than normal, but it's since been cut. From left to right, it's Marlon Hiestermann, Travis Berg, me, Noemi Müller, Simon Volkmar, Benjamin Müller, Sonja Müller, and Alex Rüst. All of us are or have been students at LThH, Oberursel.


No comments:

Post a Comment